Skip to content
September 9, 2009 / chelledonohue

In the land of the wiiii

Guys, I am still in Amrica. And yes, that is how you spell it. Amrica, baby.  I don’t know that I can find the words to clearly explain what its been like to spontaneously leave behind our entire lives since July.

What I can say is that it has given me quite the edge on perspective. Think of it this way, take away your job, your lifestyle, your livelihood, your house, location, friends and jettison yourself into an entirely foreign environment . Man, the epiphanies have been coming so fast that I am 90% liquid epiphany solution right now. The other 10% is calamine lotion.

The best part has been getting in touch with my family here: Christina, Nick and Cheryl, Sancho, Prem, and the extended family in Portland, as well as my Dad’s brother and sister and their families from Canada, and I even got to visit with my parents! In Amrica! Meeting Steph’s family goes right up there on that list, Danny, Ytala, Maria, James and Mark.

So that’s my silver lining of epiphanies. And I just wanted to tell you that if your life has been thrown through a man eating wringer, well, just think how enlightened you will be on the other side. HA.

Cuz, right now, the planets are charting a course of irreverent-headlong-non-stop change that might take you through shingles, staph and chickenpox all in one week. Be prepared.

Oh and I am loving WiiFit.

Advertisements

One Comment

Leave a Comment
  1. Alina / Sep 17 2009 3:10 pm

    Oh Chelle, I loved this post! Miss you like crazy!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: